donderdag 24 september 2009

Bertrik, Laura and I worked on the book on Wednesday. The illumination for 1989 is taking shape, with some of the people filled in. Bertrik and I put extra gesso on most of the pages that won't stick. We used the second batch of cold gesso, and added a little extra sugar. We're not sure if the problem is not enough sugar, or the layer of gesso needed to be thicker which might mean that more sugar rises to the surface.

Right now the gold work seems to be the critical thing to work on. The gold sticks to the red ink, so it should be put on before any writing is done (allthough, writing this, I realize I can write the text, and then fill in the capitals after the gold is put on). The gesso needs to harden for a few days, and then I'll try to do some gold work. Then I can continue writing on the introduction, 1988 and the rest of 1989.

Some years I could write text for, but the text needs to be worked on first (1993, which has a bit too much text, and 1994, which has no text at all).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten